Designing a business card without the help of a professional can be very difficult. Luckily, there are many free online tools out there to help you out. In this article, we will compare the best business card makers so you get a better idea of which one to use when designing your own business cards.
A good business card design tool should have the following features:
- Easy to use for non-designers – Design tools are notorious for their complexity and often have a steep learning curve. This is why it’s super important for online business card makers to be very simple and intuitive to use for beginners.
- Design flexibility – A good business card maker should be able to change a whole range of design options, such as background colors, transparency, adding multiple fields (images & text), changing fonts, and much more. Your imagination shouldn’t be limited by the tool you’re using.
- Wide selection of templates – It goes without saying that templates are a great place to start. No one likes starting a design from scratch, which is why a large number (and variety) of templates is a must!
- Precise layout control – Having alignment grids and the ability to snap elements into position is a huge benefit and makes the design process that much easier.
- Professional design features – Most professional design features are simply not needed for most users, but that doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be available for people who need more granular design controls.
This list of the best business card makers doesn’t take into consideration the cost of printing your business cards, as there are many variations to print quality, such as paper weight, finishes, card sizes, and much more. Instead, we tested the many different features that all of the business card design tools offer to give an overview of each tool.
Canva provides you with a vast array of design options that can easily put others to shame. You can choose from a wide selection of templates which helps start your design. Or, you can start from scratch by utilizing the various backgrounds, elements, photos, and even font styles available to you. You can even upload your own images to add personal touches to your design.
Even the back side of your business card can be designed. What’s more, you can download your design in PNG, JPG, and PDF formats or just straight up have it printed (for a fee). You can even get a MP4 or GIF file of your design for presentation purposes.
If you aim to create great business card designs, then this tool is the obvious choice.
- Vast array of design options (even for free users)
- Ability to design the back side of business cards
- Download designs in different formats
- Ability to undo recent changes
- Design know-how is a must
- Certain features (like card resizing) are for premium users only
- Can be overwhelming for most users to pick up
If you are looking for a quick and easy way to design your business card without the hassle of having to do it from scratch, then Vistaprint is the tool to see.
Choose from hundreds of high-quality business card templates, all of which can be edited to suit your needs. You can use the stock layout for quick designs, or make modifications such as adding extra text fields, inserting more images via the image library, and even adding QR codes. It even has a preview feature which shows you a close approximation of what it would look like once printed. However, the most interesting feature is the ability to upload your own design image into its editor. It will then sharpen the image for you and you have the option to add a few more things to it. Who doesn’t want that?
Whether you are using its templates or your own design, this tool is something you can definitely rely on.
- Simple and intuitive user interface
- Independently customizable back side (comes in full-color, greyscale, or blank)
- Undo and redo feature
- Various options for print finishes
- Registration required (even for free users)
- Minimum order of 100 business cards
- Stock images are somewhat lacking
- Limited card sizes and shapes (no rounded edges)
PsPrint not only lets you choose your business card orientation but it also allows you to choose the shape of its edges which is quite unique. You can then select from its numerous templates for an easier editing experience. Or, you can do everything yourself for a more personal touch.
It also offers a selection of images and a few basic shapes to help spice up your design. Even your text can be customized to have a border color and a fill color as well your choice of font style from the available list. A fairly unique feature is how it combines both the preview and design pane into one. Any changes you make will show the appropriate options window for easier navigation. Its grid lines are also hidden until you start moving things around. It even offers a minimizable ruler for more precise measurements.
Simple and straightforward; that’s what this tool is all about.
- Fairly straightforward interface
- Ability to design both sides of the business card
- Design and preview pane are combined
- Minimizable ruler
- Random selection of stock images
- Only 2 card sizes
- Downloadable in PDF format only
- Limited background colors (No option for blank template)
4. Adobe Spark
Adobe is a well-known (if not THE most well-known) graphic design name out there and its business card generator, Adobe Spark, definitely lives up to the name.
This tool allows you to choose the size of your business card depending on where you will use it. You can then choose from its selection of well-made templates and high-quality images or upload your own for use in your design. Much like its graphic design counterpart, you have a wide range of options to help make your design really standout. From the image filters you can apply to the various text styles and fonts, achieving a design that you are happy with is very possible, so get creative! As an added bonus, this tool can also be used for more than just business card design due to its versatility.
If you are looking for one of the best business card makers, this will certainly tick most (if not all) of the boxes.
- Simple yet effective user interface
- Thousands of free images and icons available
- Graphic design-like features allow for better customization
- Premium version offers greater customization
- Free version includes watermarks
- Somewhat steep learning curve due to graphic design-like features
- PDF format is still in Beta (along with some other features)
For those who want to flex their business card design know-how, Designhill is here to help you accomplish that.
This business card maker allows you to control almost every part of your design giving you a great deal of freedom. For starters, you can control the pixel dimensions of your design to better suit what you have in mind. Next, you can upload any number of images as well as add as much text as you need. This tool also has its own collection of images, icons, and frames that you can use in your design. Each item is also resizable, rotatable, and can be positioned anywhere in your template. That’s a lot of design control!
All in all, a great tool for anyone who wants to design simple or complex business cards.
- High degree of customization
- Very wide selection of icons and a good amount of images
- Ability to incorporate your own images/logos/icons
- Customization introduces a wide variety of designs
- Inability to design the back side of your business card
- No templates; everything needs to be designed from scratch
- Better suited for tech savvies; may be too complicated for most
Looking for a simple, easy-to-use, and time-saving business card tool? Then look no further than Shopify’s Free Business Card Maker.
Although you wouldn’t expect to find the Shopify name in a list of the best business card makers, this tool simplifies the whole design process and requires no particular skill set to use. Simply input your relevant business information (like your name, company name, job title, etc.) and upload your logo. Once done, you are just a few clicks away from having your design sent to your chosen email address. You can then download it from there and start printing away.
With all that said and done, you will be glad to have created your own business card in a quick and hassle-free way.
- Simple and easy to use
- Best for those who are on the go
- Design knowledge not required
- Sends your design to your email address (essentially a backup copy)
- Lacks background and layout customization
- No option to design the back of your business card
- All information fields must be filled before the design can be created
- Reliant on the card material for the background
7. Biz Card Maker
Biz Card Maker offers a simple business card making tool that allows any user to create and customize their own business card to suit their needs.
To start off, you can choose from a wide selection of backgrounds to complement your design. Next, you can enter as much (or as little) text as you want into your design with the ability to upload your own logo. You can even adjust any of your elements to your preferred size. In addition to this, you have the ability to move any item in your design to any position you like. This also comes with a grid-like positioning system which allows for easy alignment of your design elements. Lastly but certainly not the least, you can download your design either as a PDF or JPEG file which is always a welcome feature.
Overall, this is a great tool that provides a good degree of customization. What’s not to like?
- Ease of use
- Wide selection of backgrounds
- Customizable layout with a good degree of freedom
- Ability to download either as PDF or JPEG
- Inability to use own background
- Limited number of information fields (only 3), only 1 image field
- Limited font style options
- Inability to customize the back side of your business card
Start off by choosing from a wide selection of well-made templates for easier designing. You can also opt to start from the ground up by choosing from their many backgrounds, fonts, photos, and objects. If none of the graphics fit the bill, you can always upload your own to give it a more personalized feel. Designing the back side of your business card is also possible which is always great.
Another great feature is the ability to not only undo any changes but also redo them. This provides the user a great way of comparing (minor) design variations. And of course, you can download your design in a variety of formats such as JPG, PNG, PDF, etc.
If you need a reliable way of designing your business cards, then this tool is for you.
- Wide selection of design options
- Back side of the business card can be customized
- Design can be downloaded into different formats
- Undo and Redo feature
- Fairly technical (users need to be familiar with icons/symbols)
- Limited options for free users
- Some options/features are not (immediately) obvious
9. Jukebox Print
Jukebox Print is fairly simple to use while still providing enough design control to its users to be able to create good looking business cards. You start off by selecting any of the standard business card sizes as well as the orientation. Next, the canvas color can be selected using a color picker which means that nearly every color is at your disposal. You can then upload your own images for use as logos, icons, or even background graphics.
To aid in your design, you can enable the safe area and bleed margin options to ensure that your design will be within the card’s dimensions. It also features a grid as well as snapping for easier positioning of elements. Once you’re done, you can then download your design either as a PDF or JPEG file.
It may not be the most feature packed tool out there but it can certainly get the job done.
- Simple and easy-to-follow
- Reliable design options (Safe Area and Bleed Margin)
- Good layout control (Grid and Snapping)
- Ability to undo and redo
- Very middle of the pack in terms of features
- Most elements need to be uploaded by the user
- Very dependent on the user’s creativity and imagination
Placeit will delight you with its great selection of business card templates. No design skills required!
Have your pick from some of the nicest looking templates you’ve ever seen. After which, you can then customize your chosen template. Options are also plentiful here: tons of font styles, any color you can think of, choice of banners and graphics, and even layouts. If you want to use your own images, you can upload them too. It also comes with grid snapping which makes arranging parts of your business card precise and easy. Once you are done, you can then download your design in PNG and fully-editable vector files.
You don’t need to be a design wiz to create awesome business cards with this tool, and this is why it’s in our list of the best business card makers.
- Amazing selection of templates
- Highly customizable templates
- Requires little to no design knowledge
- Fully-editable vector file download
- Not free
- Very noticeable loading times
- Inability to design the back side of business cards
- Interface is somewhat cumbersome to use
Throughout the last 20 years, the process of design has changed dramatically. Gone are the days where you would need to pay thousands to enlist the help of a professional graphic designer to mock up a business card design for you.
These days, many people create their own business cards online using pre-made templates, and modify them from there. However, not all tools are made the same. This is why we’ve tested all of the best business card makers – so you don’t have to!