As a doctor, you are responsible for helping people with their well being. A doctor is regarded as one of the best and most respected professions worldwide. Having an email signature as a doctor will not only give you even more credibility, but it will also instil trust in the people that you are dealing with daily.
We have some examples below which are applicable to doctors, general practitioners, surgeons, allergists, cardiologists, dermatologists, gynecologists, immunologists, neurologists, obstetricians, pediatricians, psychiatrists and physiologists.
What Should Be Included in a Doctors Email Signature?
- Full Name - You should use your full name, including your middle name. Don't use nicknames.
- Position - The position/title you hold at your company.
- Company - The name of your company.
- Qualifications (optional) - Any qualifications you may have, such as BSc, BEng, CPA etc. Adding qualifications to your email signature increases your credibility.
- Company Logo or Photo of Yourself - Make sure the company logo or your photo is good quality and not blurry. You should also ensure the images are compressed.
- Phone Numbers - Include your mobile/cell as well as your landline number. Use a click-to-call link for all phone numbers.
- Office Address - Include your office address, or multiple addresses if you have branches. Add a Google Maps link for your address.
- Website - If you have a website, including it in your email signature is a must! Add a hyperlink to it for easy access.
- Email Address (optional) - You should include your email address. However, this is optional as your email address is already available to the recipient if you are sending them an email.
- Social Media Icons (optional) - Linking to your social pages such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter.
- Banner (optional) - This is the perfect opportunity to insert a banner and let your recipients know about an event or function you're having.
- Disclaimer (optional) - Disclaimers are almost never legally binding or enforceable. However, some companies still prefer to use them since they set a "standard" for the fair use of emails.