Are you looking for a comprehensive list of the best email signature generators in 2019? Well, you’ve come to the right place.
Today, we’ll compare and rate each email signature generator based on ease of use, pricing, the amount of free features, and customizability.
Before we get started, it’s important to know that nearly 105 billion emails are sent daily in the year 2019. If you’re a business that isn’t using email signatures, you’re likely missing out on many benefits, such as the ones below.
- Professionalism – Gives your email legitimacy and a professional feel, especially when it’s from a business.
- Trust – An email signature is a great way to show your recipients you’re serious about your business.
- Branding – Shows the recipient your brand style and colors. This increases the chance of them remembering your company.
- Legitimacy – A signature with a personal photo or logo is more likely to put the recipient at ease that it isn’t spam.
- Promotional Offers – Provides a unique opportunity to share helpful links to your website or special offers which are promoted in a banner.
Are you a realtor with a new house listing looking to show off the property via email? Or, perhaps you’re a certified translator sending out cold emails? In either case, you definitely want to have an email signature at the end of your emails.
The Best Email Signature Generators
10. Email Signature Rescue
11. HTML Sig
20. Mail Butler
22. Rocket Seed
23. Black Pearl Mail
24. Crossware Mail Signatures
Gimmio is one of the best email signature generators on the market. It was built on the idea that people should be able to create completely custom email signatures, and not be limited to just using pre-made templates.
With over 40 free templates to choose from, you can create a pretty impressive signature for free. If you need some of the advanced features, you can either purchase an email signature, or sign up to a subscription. Full disclosure, we own Gimmio, but our opinion is not biased at all. We review our own product as we would any other on the market.
Gimmio allows you to create a signature layout which will be applied to your whole organization, keeping signatures uniform. You can even choose to apply some fields to only one signature or all signatures in your group. From over 2000 social icon variations, 44 fonts, and being able to add spacing and borders to any fields, your email signature will look outstanding. Many top level Fortune 500 enterprises use Gimmio for their email signature needs.
- A lot of pre-made email signature templates.
- Allows you to purchase an email signature (no subscription).
- Easily add banners, disclaimers, extra images and social icons.
- Most advanced customization features.
- Offers drag-and-drop layout control.
- Allows users to easily group signatures by department, office location etc.
- Easily send all signature updates to users.
- Offers plans for web designers / agencies which includes white-labeling.
- Not free for some advanced features.
- Some limitations if you have over 1000 users in your company.
This email signature generator is definitely worth a try. It’s simple to use and offers a pretty slick design and customization. Customization ranges from different font types and sizes to uploading company logos, social icons, adjusting the signature width, background, text, and more.
Si.gnatu.re is free to use but is fairly limited in what you can create. Your free signature is editable for up to 30 days. If you’re wanting to store your signature on the platform, you will need to pay a one-off fee for either a single signature or a bundle of 10 signatures for $35. The one-off payment model is a big plus, making it one of the most affordable services out there.
- It is simple to use.
- It offers a slick design and customization.
- Offers different fonts, social icons, text styles etc.
- You can adjust the signature width, background, text, and more.
- It’s an affordable service.
- Si.gnatu.re is not free if you want to store your signature on their server.
- It requires manual copying-and-pasting.
This tool is all about speed and ease of use. You can create your own email signature in under 60 seconds from start to finish. Offering a completely free email signature without the need to sign up, this is one of our favorites in this list of best email signature generators.
In the free version, you can add banners, disclaimers, and plenty of other apps and reorder them as you like. You can also change the size of your logo/profile image and change the fonts/colors. This is a lot of free features before signing up, which is great to see. All of the plans come with a 7 Day Money-Back Guarantee.
- Loads of customization options available for free.
- One of the cheapest email signature generators on the market starting at just $3.99/month.
- Only 6 templates are available.
This is great for customer-facing teams. With the ability to take on over 1000 users, WiseStamp is definitely one to consider for larger companies. One of its most exceptional features is the centralized system that allows brands to control and change employee signatures, therefore, providing brands with much-needed uniformity.
WiseStamp also provides analytics of traffic flow to sites and social media which is really important if you’re wanting to use your signatures to gain a marketing edge. It also has ready-made templates that cut across various professions and look quite neat. However, signing up to create a free signature can be a bit time consuming.
- Can handle organizations with 1000+ users.
- You can control and change all employees signatures at once.
- It offers analytics of traffic flow to sites and social media that originates from your email signatures.
- It has quite a few ready-made templates.
- Might seem cumbersome for some users.
- Not suitable for smaller teams.
This is one of the oldest and original email signature generators on the web, which is owned by CodeTwo. With an easy to use interface and a lot of free templates available, you’re sure to walk away with a pretty decent looking email signature.
The generator is free to use and offers some nice looking logo animations in a few of their templates. The downside is that you can’t store your signatures and also the customization is quite limited in the way that you cannot move fields around. So, if you’re looking for a completely custom signature, this might not be the best generator to use.
- Easy to use and intuitive, even for beginners.
- A lot of free templates available to use.
- Making your signature will be quick.
- The templates are only compatible with 6 email clients.
- No way to add your own custom fields into the signature.
MySigMail offers a basic dashboard where you can create a signature template and add team members to it. This means your teams email signatures will all be consistent, which is great for brand image.
The drawback to this tool is that some of the styling options are unavailable to use for free, and you have to pay in order to use them. Unfortunately, this limits your creativity when creating a free email signature. After signing up, all options are unlocked and creating a good looking signature is easy.
- Basic editor which is easy to use.
- Easily add banners and disclaimers for free.
- Unlimited social icons in the free version.
- Only 5 templates available.
- Cannot move fields around.
- Limited styling options in free version.
Signaturi Satori is an email signature app focused entirely on GSuite (Google Apps). The signatures are managed centrally and can be changed quickly by logging into your dashboard. This makes it amazing for marketing campaigns and quickly changing sales offers for your whole business.
They offer a free trial installation so you can try it out in your own GSuite account. Pricing is reasonable, starting at just $5.55/month for 5 users.
- Exclusively focused on GSuite.
- Free installation to your own account.
- Easy to change sales offers quickly.
- Only available for GSuite.
Dynasend manages a large amount of email signatures without a need for unnecessary human interaction. It’s easy to use and they have top-notch customer service and are continually updating and innovating their platform.
They have an impressive customer base with some known brands working with them. The downside is they dont offer any free features which some of the other services do and also the pricing model is based on quote rather than a set price.
- Works on many email clients.
- Some large companies working with them.
- Dynasend comes with program maintenance, campaign management, and is not dependent on active directory.
- In-house design team to help you create the signatures.
- No free features available to try.
Designhill allows you to create your free email signature in 60 seconds. It works with all the popular email platforms, including Gmail, Yahoo, and Outlook. Multiple design templates are available while allowing for social media links, icons, and disclaimers. They boast of being specifically designed to get the sender of the email more clicks.
Similar to Hubspot, they offer a basic editor with some customization options, but you cannot save your signature on their server for editing later. This makes it unfavorable for larger businesses that need more than 1 email signature.
- You can create a free email signature in 60 seconds.
- Compatible with many email platforms, including Gmail, Yahoo, and Outlook.
- Multiple design templates.
- Might seem too simple for advanced users.
- Not able to group signatures or save them on their server for editing later.
10. Email Signature Rescue
Email Signature Rescue has placed themselves as one of the best email signature generators available on the market. With many customization options and a lot of professional and stylish templates, this is one to definitely try out if you’re a small-medium sized business.
Although they offer an amazing platform with a 7 day money back guarantee, they dont offer a free version of the software which means you wont be able to try the program before signing up.
- Can create fairly custom email signatures.
- Offers a 7 day money back guarantee.
- Lots of professionally created templates.
- Not able to try before you buy.
11. HTML Sig
HTML Sig is one of the originals in the email signature space! With over 7 years of experience, their email signature platform is super easy and intuitive to use. Creating a neat email signature will only take you a few minutes.
The biggest downside the extremely limited free option when creating your signature. You can only fill in your contact details, and choose your social icons. You dont have any access to change the style of your signature or the template until you sign up.
- Years of experience creating email signatures.
- Straight-forward editor with no complex features.
- Analytics on sent emails.
- Beginner friendly.
- Limits in the free version means you cannot customize your signature much.
- Not many advanced customization features even in the paid version.
MySignature is a fairly new email signature generator which was launched in 2017. It claims to be compatible with Gmail, Outlook, Apple Mail, Thunderbird and Office 365, which is great. The pricing is a bit on the higher side of the scale since there are other solutions on the market which offer the same service at a lower cost.
The great thing about MySignature is their free email signature generator offers quite a few features with only some of them locked away for the paid users. You can create a free signature very quickly and the interface is very intuitive.
- Compatible with a wide variety of email clients.
- Simple editor to create a free signature quickly.
- Only 4 templates available for free.
- Not able to move contact information around.
HubSpot is widely used and has a very simple user interface, making it easy to navigate, especially for beginners. All you need to do is fill out the information in a form, then customize the fonts, colors, and themes that suit your brand’s image, and you’re good to go.
With HubSpot, you can add images to your signature, but you’re very limited with only 6 templates available and no way to change/modify positioning of fields. You also dont have a way to save your signature on their platform to edit it later, which makes it ideal for one-man businesses rather than teams.
- It has a very simple user interface.
- Customizable fonts and theme colors.
- You can add images/social icons to your signature.
- Small number of templates available.
- Cannot save signature on the platform.
- Not many customization options.
- Not ideal for larger teams.
This is one of the more popular email signature generators out there, and there’s a good reason. It is super easy to use and not tedious at all, which suits all kinds of users – beginners or advanced. Generating a signature can take you 2 minutes and changing a banner as little as 30 seconds.
Newoldstamp enables any computer literate person to easily operate it. It also allows you to analyze and track which sent emails had a click on your email signature. This service is not free but also quite affordable, and although this service is great, it would be nice to see some more themes and options to choose from.
- Very easy to use.
- Fast and efficient even for beginners.
- It allows you to analyze and track sent email clicks.
- Simple one-page to set up all your options.
- Service is not free for advanced features.
- Could do with more themes and options.
This is ideal for larger companies with between 100 to over 1000 users. On this platform, several campaigns can be managed at once. It constantly updates itself such that when an old email is clicked on, it could reflect on the most recent campaign.
User-friendly, creative, and responsive are all attributes linked to this platform. It also allows for uniformity; that way brands and their employees have identical email signatures, allowing each sent email to be a marketing strategy.
- User-friendly, creative, and responsive.
- Suitable for large companies with users ranging from 100 to over 1000 users.
- Several campaigns can be managed at once.
- Signatures update themselves continually.
- It allows for email signature uniformity.
- Not suitable for smaller companies.
- No pricing available directly from website.
Exclaimer is based in the UK and offers a basic email signature generation service for free. The free version offers an email signature you can copy and paste directly into your email software. However, the amount of styling and customization options you get is quite limited.
The free version stores your email signature on your PC via a cookie on your browser. This can be problematic if you were to change PC’s or delete your cookies as your email signature may be forever lost.
In the paid version, you can inject signatures into your company’s outbound emails. This is done by pairing up their platform with your mail server, making this solution a popular one with larger businesses.
- Basic “no-frills” editor which is easy to use.
- Options to add your own disclaimer and promotional banner.
- Ability to customize social icons.
- Great for big companies that require signature injection for outbound emails.
- Not able to re-order fields in your signature.
- All fields are set and cannot be removed/changed.
This company offers 8 free email signature templates and allows very minimal customization of your email signature. The only parts you can customize is the contact info and social icons. You cannot change colors, fonts, sizes etc.
Like Hubspot and DesignHill, HoneyBook offer this email signature service as a freebie, but it’s also a clever way to get qualified leads through to their business. You’re not able to store your email signature on their platform, so this solution is only recommended if you need a bare-bones email signature and dont need to edit it in the future.
- Easy to use.
- A few good looking templates.
- Not able to store your email signature on the platform.
- Very few customization options.
- Not suitable for more than one signature.
Xink is one of the biggest and best email signature generators with large enterprise customers all around the world. Their platform is slightly different as they inject email signatures into your outgoing emails by routing your emails to go through their servers. Their solution is perfect for Office 365 and G Suite users!
Unfortunately, they dont offer a free copy and paste solution for smaller businesses, which positions them to be more appealing for larger size businesses with 500+ staff.
- Works well with Office 365 and G Suite.
- GDPR Compliant.
- Good for larger organizations (1000+ users).
- No free version of their software for users to try out, but they offer a demo.
- Doesn’t work with hosted Exchange servers.
Like Xink, CodeTwo has been around for a long time and have firmly placed themselves in the email signature arena with their platform which supports hosted Exchange and Office365. Their product has been deployed in over 77,000 organizations worldwide, which is a pretty impressive feat.
Their clients include Facebook, Shell, McDonalds among many other big names, making this another one of the best email signature generators. They offer a 14-day trial and you dont need your credit card to sign up, which is a really generous offering.
- Creates signatures for some of the world’s biggest companies.
- A scalable solution.
- Been around for a long time.
- No support for GSuite.
- Doesn’t have a free version of the software.
- No option for smaller companies.
20. Mail Butler
Mail Butler provides a neat platform which integrates with Gmail and Apple Mail. In terms of customization, you’re fairly limited in what you can create. The good thing is, that you can instantly apply your new signature in Gmail, without having to copy and paste it.
You can create your own private template or use one of the 6 pre-made templates. Unfortunately, there are no free features available without signing up for a trial, but there is no credit card required on signup, which is a huge bonus.
- Quick and easy direct integration with Gmail.
- No credit card required for signup.
- Only works with Gmail and Apple Mail.
One of the unique features about the Opensense email signature generator is that it allows you to request a demo and a free trial before signing up. That way, you can make an informed decision about whether or not it’s the right platform for you.
Opensense gives you a feeling of confidence from their work, which is reassuring. It’s easy to use and makes everything trackable, which is a bonus for bigger companies undertaking marketing campaigns.
- You can request a demo and a free trial before signing up.
- Easy to use.
- Everything is trackable.
- Might seem a bit complex for beginners.
22. Rocket Seed
With Rocket Seed you can create email signatures if you’re using Exchange, Office 365, or GSuite. When using their platform, you can simply sync your Active Directory which makes it easy to update contact information for your users. If you update your Active Directory information, it will be reflected in the users email signature, and that is really neat.
The drawback to this platform is that you cannot sign up immediately and try out their platform. Instead, you must contact the sales team to create your account and there is no way to see what the pricing is on the website.
- Integration with GSuite, Exchange, and Office365.
- AD Sync.
- Seamless updating of user information.
- Not able to sign up right away, must contact the sales team first.
- No pricing available on the website.
23. Black Pearl Mail
This company has offices in Wellington, New Zealand and Zurich, Switzerland and provides small business and also enterprise grade email signature solutions. Unfortunately, they don’t offer a free product for users to try out before signing up.
A really great feature they have is the ability to split test (or A/B test) their email signatures. This is really valuable if you want to get the absolute most out of your email signature in terms of marketing. However, for the most entry level plan you’re looking at $99 per month which can make it out of reach for some smaller businesses.
- A/B testing of email signatures.
- Available for Small Businesses as well as Enterprises.
- Email signature analytics.
- Pricey entry level plans.
- No free product to try.
24. Crossware Mail Signatures
Unlike with other platforms, Crossware allows you complete creative control of your signature, disclaimers, and adverts. As opposed to others with pre-prepared templates. They boast about having over 650,000 people using their platform, which are really impressive numbers.
Although most email signature generators are compatible with Office 365 and Microsoft Exchange, Crossware are also compatible with IBM Domino which makes them a standout in the crowd if you’re using that system.
- It allows for a centralized design tool.
- It’s available on many platforms.
- Customizable for mobile phones specifically.
- Not quite suitable for smaller companies.
- It is slightly pricey compared to counterparts.
The Salesmate email signature generator is similar to Hubspot’s one. It is very basic and offers an easy way to create single email signatures, with not many advanced features. You can choose from one of 8 templates and modify your social icons, feature colors, CTA’s and add a disclaimer.
One thing to keep in mind is that it doesnt have the ability to add additional fields and you only get a choice of 4 social platforms. Other than that, its a great basic generator for time-poor people who just need to knock up a quick email signature.
- Quick to create an email signature.
- No need to sign up.
- Limited customization options.
- Only 8 templates available.
Coding an email signature is difficult, even for experienced web developers. This is why we’ve taken our time to make this comprehensive list of the best email signature generators. All these tools make the whole process much easier by taking out the difficult parts…coding.
Whichever platform you decide to use, its important to check how they use your personal information. The last thing you want is to end up on a spam list or your personal information to be used in an unethical way because they have sold your data. So, make sure you read their terms and conditons before filling out any details.
One thing is certain, with the right signature, you’ll leave a lasting impression on your recipients, and that’s exactly why you should spend some time creating an amazing email signature that makes your recipients say “WOW!”.
About the Author
Frank Hamilton is a blogger and translator from Manchester. He is a professional writing expert in such topics as blogging, digital marketing and self-education. He also loves traveling and speaks Spanish, French, German and English.